Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Skype



One of the most under-rated tools to ever created for use on the Internet is Skype. Skype has revolutionized the communication industry.  We are now able to communicate through VOIP, which stands for voice-over-Internet Protocol.  Through Skype, using the Internet, we can chat through text, voice, and video to people all over the world for free,Skype as long as the person you are speaking with has a Skype account and an Internet connection.  If you'd like, you can also call people who do not have a Skype account for a small fee; the amount you pay to call these people without Skype accounts depends of their location.


4 comments:

  1. Skype is truly an earth-shatting invention. It connects people in a way no other social media can. Though Facebook nowadays also allows us to perform video chat, undeniably Skype is the pioneer in this field. When I was on my exchange study in Europe, I skyped my family and friends. Skype is also used as a medium of overseas job interview. With Skype, at least communication is not limited by physical location.

    So you're right! Skype shouldn't be under-rated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I also Skype with my friends and family when I was in Singapore for internship~ You'll feel so real to see them, like face-to-face chatting. It seems they are not so far away. It's really so essential for me because I always feel homesick~~ :P

      Delete
    2. Yes! I Skype a lot with my family when i was doing my exchange in Europe. I can know what are they having for dinner? What they are watching on TV? My parents do not familiar with computer before that, but now they became an expert of Skype! Haha :D

      Delete
  2. Skype is a wonderful tools that connect us just on a screen. Unlike Facebook, Skype can really let us see other's "face" in front of the computer. It feels better to look at each other instantly rather words and photos.

    ReplyDelete