Hello world!
As the world consistently changes on a daily basis, new ideas will continue to spin into orbit; connecting the world through new media will be an outlet for universal communication for years to come. Social media connections like facebook are used in everyday life as a primary communication tool.
I currently use facebook for social and academic reasons. Connecting with friends and family to stay updated on new events and social activities is very important to me. I also use facebook to connect with classmates. Creating study groups on facebook is a great way to stay in the loop of communication.
Students, professionals, and everyday people use facebook for various reasons, but the primary idea behind facebook remains the same...to stay connected.
http://gigaom.com/collaboration/12-ways-to-use-facebook-professionally/

I enjoy blogging when I have the time. It's a great way to express yourself and communicate with the world. Sharing ideas and friendly debates are healthy for the mind. I look forward to blogging more in the near future.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with you that Facebook is a fantastic tool to 'stay connected’ with everybody, especially when you leave your hometown. I have been to Singapore for internship for a month and a half and I found that Facebook is really a brilliant tool to connect with my family and friends in Hong Kong (though I just uploaded my photos or 'checked-in' somewhere, they at least know what I was doing.)
ReplyDeleteForming study group via Facebook is an excellent idea too, because it's so convenient to connect with our classmates and decide which day and time available for everyone in the group. It's also a really good method to form a gathering with our old friends!!!! I had such experience before indeed!!! I think it’s a quite smart way!!! :)
Using FB to support your studies sounds like a good idea, but there is an issue here about where to draw the line in collaborative work. Actually, it's not a new problem, but as is often the case, new media has magnified it by improving the affordances for sharing. Any thoughts?
ReplyDelete